Nothing is more iconic in Rochester than Genesee Beer. The brewery has begun to roll out a series of pilot batches of new beer. This recipe combines their premier IPA with another local classic: Buffalo Chicken Dip. The flavors of the this pilot batch comes out when combine with blue cheese and hot sauce. This new twist on a classic recipe is a great appetizer for any gathering.
2 Cups Genesee IPA
2 Cups Ginger Ale
2-3 Large Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Blue Cheese
32 OZ Cream Cheese
1 Cup Mozzarella
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Parmesan
1 1/2 Cup Red Hot
Pinch Garlic Powder
Pinch Black Pepper
2 Bottles Genesee Brewery IPA
1. Marinade the chicken overnight in the IPA/ginger ale mixture.
2. Pour two bottles of IPA into a pot and reduce for 30 minutes or until the beer reduces by half.
3. While the beer reduces grill the chicken. Pour the left over marinade over the chicken while grilling it. This creates a good char over the breasts.
4. When the beer finishes reducing add the cheese and the red hot. Lower the heat and let simmer until everything melts.
5. Dice the chicken and add it to the cheese, leaving a handful aside for garnish.
6. Pour the mixture into a serving dish. Top with more cheddar, mozzarella, and grilled chicken. To be fancy crisscross red hot across the dip before serving.
This recipe is based on a dish served at Lovin Cup’s Hometown Throw down by Marshall St Bar and Grill. If you would like Marshall St. to cater your next event contact Kelly at 585-325-2191.